Monday, August 29, 2005

Now thats what I call technology...

I’ve been lax with my I-pod recently (been indulging in the joys of Sky+), and had failed to update my I-tunes. As it’s the Bank Hols, thought I’d get it sorted and was pleased to see they have a new option for podcasts – and doubly pleased when I found IT Conversations on there. I subscribed to couple of feeds, and then became aware of a little tickling. I remember talking about podcasts on my blog a while back, and suddenly I had a part answer to the frustration I discussed.
Stick I-Tunes on my Sky+ box, and run a broadband connection into the back. I would have all my audio (podcasts and music mp3’s) as well as my TV programmes integrated into one box of pleasure. Hmmm, hold it, how would I rip mp3’s from my CD’s onto there? Might as well stick a CD drive in. But how to back those mp3’s up? RAID (maybe, but expensive). Might as well make it CD-write drive. No, better idea! A DVD-write drive. Then I’d be able to record my SKY+ programmes for “keepsies” easily (one of the few flaws of Sky+) and play DVD’s to. And with High Definition TV around the corner, I’ve got the perfect system. My entire mp3 music collection, DVD player, recorder, back-up device, CD Player, podcasting, high resolution, hi-fidelity box of technological dreams.
Now all I need is for Sony to integrate its PS3 into it, and I’m in gadget heaven!

No comments: