Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Masters of the Scrum!

Andy and myself have just returned from QCon (wishing we had the time to stay for the full conference). We are now both Certified Scrum Masters, a title you've just gotto love. Not only that, we were lucky enough to have Jeff Sutherland who co-founded Scrum as our tutor!

Talis adopted Scrum 8 months ago now, and I was fortunate enough to be on the first project utilising it. It's been a journey, and one that will be continuing now we both have our certification under our belts - I was shocked how much we were doing right (and how advanced we are when compared to many other attendees), but there are definitely some areas which we need to look into as part of the continual process improvement Scrum demands we commit to.

There's around 700(ish) Masters in the UK, so its a fairly elite club we're joining. It's been great to liaise with the other attendees (even better for me to be meeting people from the development community outside of Talis, an opportunity I haven't been afforded to much and something I want to continue doing). Andy/myself are keen to get more actively involved in the UK Scrum community, increasing knowledge and experience sharing, so something to start scheduling into coming "sprints" (read "months"!) as we find ways to do this.

I hope to take some time in the next week to get a videocast together for customers (and non-customers), explaining a bit more about the benefits Scrum is going to bring for them. Keep an eye on the TDN, though I'll blog about it as soon as I get it together.

1 comment:

Michael Vizdos said...

Guys,

Welcome to the Scrum Community! If you are interested in learning more about Scrum, I post a weekly blog (with cartoons!) at www.implementingscurm.com.

It takes a look at real-world things I see when working with Scrum teams.

Good luck and I hope we meet in person one day. It is a very small world.

- mike vizdos
www.michaelvizdos.com
www.implementingscrum.com