Saturday, January 27, 2007

A perfect desktop...?

Forget Vista. Forget Macs. Ancient history, my friends. Check out this YouTube video from the Dynamics Graphics Project, a visual research paper "Pushing the desktop metaphor with Physics, Piles and the Pen in Bumptop". Its worth sticking to the end of this, as just keeps getting better...

Got sent this from a friend at Codemasters, with whom I've exhanged several conversations on Human Computer Interaction, with obvious reference to the Wii (something I was posting about a year or so ago as changing the interaction metaphor - and having now experienced, am increasingly driven to see this replace my mouse and/or pile of remotes). Coupling the two interaction tools together, a Wii remote with this virtual bumptop, is what I want to experience. Now. Please...

No comments: